Platform Building: Where & How To Best Spend Your Time & Energy
Platform building is a long and difficult process. Where and how to best spend your time, energy, and money for the best possible outcome is a neverending quest for most of the independent artists, authors, and musicians.
In this blog, I will share my best tips and tools to make your strategy successful.
A. Idea Incubation & Content Creation
1. Write original content (books)
– Take pictures, make videos, learn
– Create content (video making)
– Create content (writing)
– Create email list
– Create content (talking & recording)
– Create content for SM
– Post content
B. Marketing and Promotion
3. Social Media (Share content)
4. Email Your List
5. Broadcast your podcast
6. Speaking Engagements
7. Attend Industry & Networking Events
8. Book tours and book signing
Promote Your Brand The Right Way
Prioritize in terms of revenue generation or monetization capabilities.
1. Speaking engagement > income from speaking fee
2. Podcast (or Talk Show) > income from advertisement
3. Books > income from book sales
4. YouTube > income from advertisement
5. Blog > income from advertisement
6. Social Media > income from traffic volume, shoutouts, endorsements, & brand awareness
7. Products or White label Products > income from product sales
8. Affiliate programs > income from commission
9. Online courses > income from fee
Did you know about the free VIP pass offer to the Naked Soul Club? Subscribe your email address now and be part of this tight-knit community of deep souls, readers, writers, adventures and other people just like yourself. I send great contents directly into your mailbox. Once a week. Sign up now and stay in the touch!
Do you need help in platform building? I provide online mentorship and one-on-one coaching. Or, if you would like to share your thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment and I would love to read it.